Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello Gorgeous...

Isn't that a wonderful way to start a phone conversation? One of the many loves of my life answers the phone that way when I call. (And I have a pretty fantastic feeling its only when I call.) :)
How can that NOT put you in a good mood? I mean...let's be honest.

This post will remain quite concise and to the point, only because I have to get up quite early for work in the morning and I have a big day ahead of me what with trying to lotto RENT and find time to go to the gym for 2.5 seconds.

Work today consisted of a training class that was far too basic for myself as well as all of the supervisors at my property, but I digress.
The highlight of my evening was driving an hour to get to a yoga studio in Santa Monica. Power Yoga, a donation based studio, forces me to take a really refreshing look at centering my body and soul (I sound SO incredibly hippie right now and for that I apologize to those of us in generations X & Y who don't get off on the ideas of peace and love). I didn't like the teacher as much this evening as I did the night before, but I am finding that most of the time I favor men as teachers over women.
TANGENT: The exception to this rule would be Carol Burke, PhD professor of journalism at University of California, Irvine. This is one of the women I respect most in this world, and one day I aspire to be half the writer she has become. Plus, she really liked me, and anyone who really likes you is always nice to have around, right?
Now back to my half eaten lettuce wrapped Boca Burger, and my DVR for some much needed Chuck, and American Idol finalists.

I depart with these words of wisdom... "A hypocrite is a person who - but who isn't?" - Don Marquis

Allegro,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment