Sunday, March 8, 2009

ASS + CHAIR = WRITING

Oh Stephen King, how I adore thee. Isn't this an amazing quote? I almost want to change my blog to read this as the title...

The biggest problem for me is not the actual writing. That always seems to flow out of my fingertips. The biggest problem I face when trying to write is the lack of time and energy I have when I get home at ridiculous hours or when I choose to start writing before I go to bed at almost 2 in the morning...
NO.
WAIT.
3 in the morning. Fucking daylight savings time. I like the one in the fall. Its the spring one that really screws us over. I don't like losing an hour of sleep, thank you very much.

So today I went to the first of MANY baby showers that I will be attending in the next month or so. I decorated the house and make a three layer diaper cake. I don't know how to add pictures on here yet. When I do, I will post a few of the cake and the party. All in all it was a huge success and I am quite excited to see lots of new little ones brought into this world, especially by my friends.

Analogy: Kristen's Friends: excellent parents.

I have a theory. You can tell whether or not someone is going to be a good parent by the name that they choose for the child. Catherine Novella, Olivia, and Henry James. In all three cases I have a feeling the children are safe from ridicule.

I carpooled with my friend Teresa to the shower this morning and back again this evening at the end of the shower. She is an inspiration and a wonderful force to be around. Our conversations were enlightening to the point of leaving me wanting to serve my community more than I do already. (I made myself sound self-righteous there and I apologize. My intent was explaining that in addition to Secret Acts of Caring [my non-profit organization, I could be doing so much more for people on a day to day basis in places like Santa Monica and Venice.)
With Teresa there was a lack of superficiality. We could be honest and completely judgment-less. So refreshing.

Although I could novel about this process for quite sometime, I'm taking my refreshing self and falling asleep to gear up for the big day tomorrow.

ALLEGRO!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment