Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stormy Weather

3 parts Fernet Branca Bitters
3 parts dry vermouth
1 part white creme de menthe

Pour over ice cubes in a small highboy glass, stir, and serve. Then contemplate where you can take this post.

Two things.

Thing number one: Did you know that when you type "w" into Google, the first word it auto-populates for you is "weather"?

Thing number two: When you're stuck, contemplating topics, with nothing to write, typing a random letter of the alphabet into Google suddenly gives you inspiration...

Now, take said aforementioned drink.

Suddenly, I can relate this drink to the girl I went to high school with who wrote a song by the same name. God...she. was. annoying. I can still hear the tagline of the song - "In your eyes, there's stormy weather...". Either the song was ridiculously catchy, or I heard it six times a day in the choir room and therefore didn't have the pleasure of forgetting it.

Go with the latter.



I can also relate this to the mood I'm currently in while waiting for a funk to pass. I am a strong, independent woman. I am a strong, independent woman. I am a strong, independent woman.




Although I would like to say that I can actually relate it to the weather outside, let's be real. We're in the middle of summer in 80 degree heat and our A/C has been blasting since about 10am. What I wouldn't give to hear the sound of thunder, lightning and rain. The pitter patter of the drops against the pavement while snuggled in a blanket, sipping hot chocolate with marshmallows. I've never experienced seasons. I feel like I can count on one hand the times in the past year that I have really heard a storm.

Good thing writing can take me to a cozy fireplace with a snuggle buddy and a mug. ;)



Funny how a simple letter can inspire so much. I feel like I'm 3 years old again watching "Sessee seed" (my small person [wait...who am I kidding...I was never a "small person."] name for that one show with the big yellow bird) listening to Grover and Oscar help me learn that "A is for apple".

With "w"eather, "w"ords and "w"istful thoughts,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment